Sunday, June 11

(O) Craig’s List flakes Grade: F
My friend gave me her ticket to the Streets @ Henry Fonda because she could no longer attend. I decided to sell it on Craig’s List since the show sold out and I could at least make back the money for her. I receive an email from some bloke who is willing to pay a little above face value for it, so we agree to meet at the Guitar Center in Hollywood at 6 p.m. to make the exchange. I get there promptly and phone him but his phone no longer works and doesn’t even go to voicemail. Weird but I wait for him... And wait... And wait. When the clock ticks to 6:35 p.m. and after I phone him more than three times, I figure the deal is off and he’s a no-show. Sigh.

(G) The Streets/Lady Sovereign @ Henry Fonda (June 10) Grade: A
Now I am left with a ticket to the show and decide to go if I can find another ticket for my friend. We get there and encounter several shady scalpers who ask for $60-$75 per ticket. But another scalper says he can get us in for $45. He walks us into Blue Palms (the bar next door) and tells us to get a drink while he sorts out the situation. While we’re waiting, I realize I don’t have enough cash and since I have one ticket, I go to the Fonda to use the ATM. I then find out how easy it is to sneak pass the security guard and my friend ends up joining me in the Fonda without even paying for another ticket or using the scalper’s help. Free show! The Streets themselves (or himself a.k.a. Mike Skinner) was loads of fun. I didn’t think I’d enjoy a rap show but it was fantastic. Especially the crowd who were v. enthusiastic about it all. Great night and only $9 for my one drink.

No comments: