Saturday, May 13


(M) Casablanca
Grade: A
A friend of mine recently watched this and told me I should check it out. Since it's #2 on the AFI list I figured I owe to myself to check this movie out. I had no idea what this movie was about, but it was rather impressive.

It's 1942 and refugees are fleeing France to their colonized territory in Africa to escape to the U.S. because the Germans are marching through Europe en route to world domination. A man named Rick has a cafe in Casablanca and is impartial to politics and is only interested in his business and staying out of trouble. One day Ilsa, his one true love from the past comes to Casablanca with her husband, a political activist, to escape from France and continue their revolution from abroad. Rick wants Ilsa and Ilsa always trully loved Rick but chooses to stick by her husband at first. Eventually Rick and Ilsa both want each other but Rick realizes that the love of two individuals is insignificant to the problems of the world at the moment and encourages them to live for the larger purpose in life.

It's a rather emotional movie and very very well done.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

I need to watch this movie. You know they really don't make movies like the use to. It is pretty disappointing.