Sunday, April 16

(M) Take the Lead (Friedlander 2006)
Grade: B
I'm a sucker for dance movies. Doesn't matter how lame it is. I'll watch it. This movie is a mix of Dangerous Minds, Stand and Deliver/Lean On Me and Save the Last Dance/Center Stage/Bring it on all in one! The choreography was pretty decent. I really enjoyed the mix of old school ballroom songs with hip hop, discovering that Antonio Banderas is still hot, and the fact that the "problems" of the teens were a grittier than I had expected. Of course you have the predictable stereotypes: dorky white girl, token white guy--and for some reason red head white guy/Seth Green-ish guy, the big black girl guy....etc etc. It was entertaining to watch. Plot's pretty predictable...duh. OH and the movie just wouldn't be the same without Rufio(Ru-fi-o, ru-fi-OH!)--p.s. when's this guy gonna go through puberty? seriously my voice is deeper than his.

(M) Little Manhattan (Levin 2005)
Grade: A

If I had to pick one word to describe this movie it would be: CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE. So very very cute!! Every five minutes I had to comment on the cuteness of this movie. The reason I liked this movie, aside from the cuteness, was that it was a very original way to portray a "romantic comedy." It's entertaining to see all the silly things we do in relationships played out by a 10-11 year old "couple." The little boy and girl are adorable, which is really just another word for "cute."

(M) North Country (Caro 2005)
Grade: B
I was frustrated for most of this movie. I guess that's what the purpose of the movie is, but when everything was said and done and she finally "won", I was still pissed off haha. So it wasn't satisfying at all. Throughout the movie I just kept thinking to myself, "Why don't they just take a tape recorder and get some freakin evidence!" Bleh it just made me so mad haha.

S'All for now.....

1 comment:

Curelover said...

i too fall prey to the dance movies ... i'll prob. rent take the lead. can't help. :(