Sunday, February 26

(M) Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story. (Michael Winterbottom, 2005) Grade: B+

Thoughts: I was bored a few Sundays ago and decided to go watch a movie alone. This movie was pretty fun and funny. First you have Michael Winterbottom as the director who did the great 24 Hour Party People movie, second you have Steve Coogan playing Steve Coogan and third you get Gillian Anderson playing herself, whom I adore because she is Agent Scully from my favorite show the X-Files. Is there anything more I could ask for? The movie is basically a movie about making a movie called Tristram Shandy based upon the book by Laurence Sterne, which is considered a very unfilmable novel. British humor is throughout the entire film with their jokes on top of jokes on top of more inside jokes. One of my favorite characters/actors was Rob Brydon. He was just a delight to watch and had me cracking up. Oh and the surprise guest appearance of Tony Wilson interviewing Steve Coogan who played Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People was funny stuff. I could see this working realy well as a television show or series similiar to the BBC The Office.

No comments: