Tuesday, December 27


(B) The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Grade: D
About 2 years ago I read the Magician's Nephew and was unimpressed so I didn't bother with any of the other Narnia books. I read this one because of the movie.
I found this book boring, I hated when he'd stop the story and talk to the reader (totally distracting and removes you from the flow of the book). It builds up to the end where the lion battles the witch and I swear the battle is like two sentences then the chapter ends and the battle is over. WHAT!? Seriously?! LAME!
I will go see the movie though because I hear it's good, and it better be damn better than the book because... boooooooooooooooooooooring!!!!!!

2 comments:

Hedwig said...

i liked that he stopped and talked to me hehe. and if you think about it, it's a children's book and kids love that. series of unfortunate events does that ALL THE TIME with vocab words and other things. anyway, i liked the book, but then again i tend to like childrens books in general. call me a kid at heart

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I enjoy some kids books too. I liked A Tale Of Unfortuniate Events more, though I didn't think it was good enough to read more than the first one. I remember as a kid loving books like Superfudge and Tales of a fourth grade nothing and Ramona. Those books were AWESOME! Though I don't know if I'd think of them the same now that I'm an adult.