Sunday, October 9

(M) A History of Violence (2005, David Cronenberg). Grade: ?
Um, I just came back from watching this movie, and I'm unsure as to whether I liked it or not. Anyway, the storyline goes like this: Small town man Tom Stalls becomes a hero after he kills two men who try to rob the restaurant he owns. These mobsters see Tom's face all over national television, and recognize him as Joey Cusack, an old mobster whom they have unfinished business with. The mobsters pay Tom and his family a visit and repeatedly threaten them, even though Tom does not know who these mobsters are, or why they think he's Joey Cusack. Then more stuff happens, which I will not go into because I don't want to give anything away.

All in all, Maria Bello was great (why does she get naked in every movie?), and Viggo Mortenson was good too, except he's just way hotter as Aragon. Interesting storyline, but at only an hour and a half, it leaves a little to be desired.

If you watched this movie, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

No comments: