Monday, July 25

Red Tide (Newport Beach, CA Friday night) Grade: D
After hearing from co-workers and also the radio DJ’s talking about the Red Tide at the beach I thought it’s be a good idea to head down with Dorkus and two of her friends to check it out. As we arrived surrounded by guys with their windows rolled down hanging out the window with their music on loud and girls “Like.. Oh my GOSH!” walking around Sharkee’s and other “kill me if I end up here and single” locations, we discovered that the Red Tide was no more. YES! IT WAS AWESOME!

Later that night…

So You Think You Can Dance (TV Show) Grade: F
What a piece of crap! American Idol producers, you have FAILED with creating new and entertaining and exciting “reality” television!!

Hollywood Bowl w/ Fireworks (Classical Music in the Park) Grade: A
It’s wonderful when you can bring your own food and alcohol to an event and enjoy music under the open sky and get fireworks to boot!! Firework show was only 3 minutes but it was impressive.
(Walk up to the Hollywood Bowl carrying a cooler – Grade: F-)

Basquiat (MOCA) Grade: B
I have always been interested in Basquiat. His artwork is interesting. Current musician Joseph Arthur does similar types of work and I’ve always found them interesting. I am sure I don’t “get it”, but it looks so easy and yet I am sure I could never create anything like it. There was a lot to look at it and the amount of time it would have taken to really read and see everything could take hours. I just looked at it all and thought about which one’s I thought looked “the coolest” cause I know jack squat about art. Got to see Lucy Lui and Sandra Oh too boot!

Crepes At The Grove (Los Angeles) Grade: A+
Uhhhh…. I was soooo hungry and this was sooooooooooooooooo yummy!!!

Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood, CA) Grade: A
Gellato… Storm Troops! Darth Vador! Chucky! Freddie Krueger! Jason! Zoro! and more. Also, BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Crazy asian people taking their picture at the Britney Spears star and Nicole Kidman star and somebody acting like they were pooping on Ryan Seacrests Star.. WONDERFUL!!!!

3 comments:

Curelover said...

First time in L.A.? Hehe. J/K

Darth said...

i think Tom Wilson mentioned the end of the Red Tide in his newsletter. perhaps if someone didn't discontinue their subscription that would not have been a problem...just saying.

Anonymous said...

Only pretending to poop on Ryan Seacrest's star? Lame. I wonder if anyone ever won that contest on K&B to really poop there.