Sunday, May 1

(O) David Sedaris. (UCLA Live, April 26, 2005) Grade: A
UCLA certainly has some of the best events, with this reading as a prime example. Currently on a book tour supporting Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules, a collection of short stories with proceeds benefiting 826NYC, Sedaris shared the bill with Sarah Vowell, who writes about interesting, historical topics. Grant Lee Buffalo made a guest appearance as well.

(G) Coachella. (April 30, 2005) Grade: B+
Certainly my best experience at this festival so far. The weather was cool (around 80 degrees), it was hardly crowded (unlike last year's sold out weekend) and I caught several great acts (Ambulance LTD, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Keane, Stereophonics, Weezer, Secret Machines, Bloc Party and Coldplay). The only downside: My car was towed because I parked in an area the festival organizers later decided wasn't allowed. Luckily, I didn't have to pay; my car was just moved.

No comments: