Sunday, May 1

(G) Coachella(2005)
Grade: B+
The above grade is for both the concert and my experience on the medical team. The only part that really sucked was that I was at the parking lot first aid tent for 5 hours and we only saw 1 patient. The cool thing about being in the parking lot was that I could hear all of Weezer's set from the main stage.

We saw a lot of people with blisters, cuts from tripping over stakes, heat/dehydration/exhaustion, one guy got sucker punched and his eye was all messed up, allergies, people with hangovers asking for pain meds. It was a good experience b/c I got to learn all about triage and actually apply things I've learned.

I was able to listen to The Sexy Magazines, Gratitude, Jimmy or Jamie(cant remember) Cullum--none of whom I knew/heard about but Gratitude and Jimmy Cullum sounded cool. I watched Coldplay do 3 songs when my friend and I sneaked away from the main tent. Some people went backstage while Weezer was playing. All in all it was pretty cool: free concert, free food(which was all junk and crap--so not that great), free education. The doctor that took us to Coachella is going to Wango Tango in a couple of weeks. Wish I could go, but kinda glad that I have something planned; it's all very tiring. We left at 7am to go to Indio and got back at 330 b/c we had to clean up. Tired, tired.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

sounds like you had fun hedwig and let's face it ... you got it all for free which is the best.