Saturday, April 16

(A) The Emancipation of Mimi. (2005, Mariah Carey) Grade: B
Thoughts: Aside from me and FTC, I doubt anyone bought this cd which is fine. Over the past few years my affection for R & B and hip hop music has faded. Mariah's last cd Charmbracelet was pretty disappointing but she comes back with Emancipation of Mimi. Much like FTC I found more tracks to listen to and with Jermaine Dupri (how about dating Jermaine Dupri Janet) as prodcuer the hits keep coming. Stand out tracks: It's Like That, We Belong Together, Shake It Off and Stay the Night.

(A) White People. (2004, Handdome Boy Modeling School) Grade: A-
Thoughts: I'm still trying to figure out how I missed the boat on this cd. It came almost six months ago and I barely found out about it. The entire cd is collaborations with people like De La Soul, Jack Johnson, Cat Power, Pharrell Williams, Black Sheep, Mars Volta, Jamie Cullum and Tim Meadows. Seriously some great stuff. Stand out tracks: Breakdown, If It Wasn't For You and I've Been Thinking.

No comments: