Sunday, April 24

(O) April 22 weekend. (2005) Grade: A
This past weekend, I was able to catch a multitude of bands (and it's not even Coachella yet). On Friday, I saw Aqualung's instore at Amoeba, Joy Zipper/Dogs Die in Hot Cars/Phoenix at Avalon and The Blood Arm at Echo. Crazy! Aqualung was fantastic: a child prodigy who composed music when he was 4 and has a great sense of humor. Phoenix was very lively, despite a somewhat short set. I especially enjoyed when they said, "Merci beaucoup!" And TBA was always fun. It got pretty crazy; I fell down at least once. Saturday I caught Swedish mope rock group The Perishers at Spaceland. Although their album is bit too muddled (the drums are lost in production) and excessively melancholy, the music sounds significantly better live. Plus the lead singer looks like a Swedish Roddy Woomble. Heh.

No comments: