Sunday, February 6

(M) Gegen die Wand (Head On). (2004, Fatih Akin) Grade: B+
Thoughts: The use of I Feel You by Depeche Mode was great and pretty much set up the whole feel of the film. Two people who were dead inside and basically helped each other live ... feel again. At times the movie got a bit overdramatic and a bit too naked for my taste ... ha ha but overall a very solid film. Birol Ünel who played Cahit Tomruk is so sexy ugly. He has that Benicio Del Toro thing going. I found Sibel Kekilli who played Sibel Güner very attractive and apparently that actress has a huge fan base.

(M) Shall We Dansu? (1996, Masayuki Suo) Grade: B
Thoughts: I must love all ballroom dancing movies, seriously. This is the Japanese film that was remade into the American version Shall We Dance with J.Lo. I'm sure the American version couldn't capture the charm and grace this film had. I would have given this movie a higher grade but I had a problem with the relationship between the husband and the wife ... it felt cold and even in the end when they reconcilated I didn't feel the passion or warmth. Then again it could just be Asian culture and the whole never showing emotion or feeling.

(M) Wong Fei-hung ji yi: Naam yi dong ji keung (Once Upon The Time In China 2). (1992, Hark Tsui) Grade: A
Thoughts: Great martial arts ... the fight scenes are amazing. Jet Li is great as Wong Fei-hung. I think he is my new favorite superhero. Hee Hee.

No comments: