Tuesday, January 18

Wow I guess its been a while since I blogged so here you go. First off some reviews:

(M) Aviator. (2004, Martin Scorsese) Grade: A-

I really liked this movie, first of all its Martin directing so you know you are in for something really special. I think that everyone in the movie put on great performances, especially leo and cate blanchett. Leo had the Texas drawl down to a T and was able to play someone with mental problems realistically again (gilbert grape). The reason for the minus on my grade is because I really wanted to see what happened to Howard Hughes in the following years. I read that he went into seclusion running his business while sealed off from the public. He eventually died in an accident and his 6'2" body weighed just 90 lbs....so what happened to him?

(M) Hotel Rwanda. (2004, Terry George) Grade: A
I rate this movie higher than the previous because of the subject matter. I have been a fan of Don Cheadle for quite sometime now, since his Picket Fences days and i think this could be his crowning performance as an actor. The movie does not focus on the killings going on, but instead on a man who is saving. There is talk of what is going on in the country and a few glimpses but for the most part it all on surviving. I think this is much better than going for shock value of death and destruction. The shocking part to us all is that no one cared to stop this massacre from happening, not the U.S., no one in Europe, not the UN, and thats the bigger tragedy.

(TV) Airline. (2004, A&E) Grade: B+
This is a great series on A&E that you should all check out on Monday nights from 8-9 pm. The concept is simple you follow workers around in random airports throughout the country. You get to see lots of drunks trying to get on a plane, the random stuff people try to put in theis suitcases, and other problems that arise, its quite funny and entertaining.

Quick reviews of other things:

Finding Neverland: B+
Pokerstars.com: C
My New Computer: A-
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: B

Well i hope that gives you all something to read and disucss here is another topic: The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy nor in rome...disucss.

No comments: