Wednesday, January 19

(B) How to Breathe Underwater. (2003, Julie Orringer) Grade: B+
Orringer has written an interesting collection of short stories about adolescence, life and tragedy from the point of view of various female characters. Some of the unconventional prose is trying (i.e. "Notes to Sixth-Grade Self") but the book ends with the indelible "Stations of the Cross," which made me pause with thought.

(M) Annie Hall. (1977, Woody Allen) Grade: A
My first thought after the film ended was, "I can't believe I waited this long to see this film." An absolute gem. Hilarious, smart and witty script. Diane Keaton is winning as Annie. And Woody Allen is ace as a New York neurotic.
Love is too weak a word for what I feel--I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F's, yes I have to invent, of course I--I do, don't you think I do?

No comments: