Wednesday, February 25

I think the controversy is good, the reason behind all of it is that the film sheds a raw light of the last hours of one of the most prolific figures in history. Religous leaders, mainly Jewish, seem to denounce the film, from what I can gather. There are obvious reasons for that, but I think the general public will go see the film for what it is, a movie. What they get out of it, is left to them, whether it be an epiphany, a new view on Jesus, pure entertainment value, and so on. As a believer it has sparked my interest and I will watch the movie, but not solely for that reason.

I'm not sure the intent of which Mel Gibson had for producing this film, in any case I think it is a breath of fresh air from Hollywood, seeing as how everyone in Hollywood seems to follow Scientology. This is an irrelevent point, but there was no controversy when Battlefield Earth was released, it sucked, yes, but it was based on the ideologies of Scientology. There was no religous uproar. What's my point, no point, I just had the urge to restate that I, against my own will, was forced to watch this movie, and am bitter for wasting 2 hours of my life doing so.

No comments: