Tuesday, April 1

Oh yeah, today I was awarded the Employee of the Quarter Award (I was one of 6 out of the entire company). First off, nobody decided to tell me. They just sent out a company wide email, and when I saw my name, I was like, "What?" And then I started laughing because it is just plain ridiculous. It would have mattered more to me had they given me the award when I was actually trying and putting forth effort. I've only bitched for the last three months about how I hate my job and then they give me the award now? How does that make sense? I think they are seriously out of the loop. I have two theories on how this happened: A) They went down the list of people in my department who haven't received any kind of awards yet, and saw my name on the list. B) The award had a typo and I am really the "UnEmployee of the Quarter." The last one makes more sense.

No comments: