Saturday, August 15

Topic: Various, movies

*Yikes the blog is coming to a slow death. I only blogged once in July :( sad stuff. July was a good and bad month - the good I got to see Tori Amos; the bad getting my 401K matching cut and getting mugged/robbed in Pasadena. (sigh)

*Apparently they are closing the Chalet, this ski lodge looking bar in Eagle Rock, to make it into an English pub. Darth, Pigern and I went the last weekend it was open and I guess I do not like vodka martinis much (all I wanted was the olives) because I got trashed. It was barf heaven for me. Darth was quite not impressed :)


*Been going to a few Dodger games. Too bad they are struggling and having a tough time. Only 46 more games and the regular season is over but I am wondering how far the Dodgers can go.


*Last Saturday I went to the Huntington Library with Pigern and a few of her buddies. I have not been there in ages so it was nice to walk around the gardens. The Chinese garden they created is pretty good. I mean not like the ones in China but you know it is decent.

*That same Saturday I went to the Ice House in Pasadena for my friend's surprise birthday party. It was my first time at a comedy club and I thought it was pretty good though I doubt I would go again. Our comedian was Bret Ernst and he had all of us laughing pretty hard.

*I'm pretty behind in my movies. To give you an idea around this same time in 2008 and 2007 I was already in the high 70's so I am about 20 behind :P
49. Gary Gardens Dir: Ellen Hovde, Albert Maysles, David Maysles, Muffie Meyer 3 stars
50. Blazing Saddles Dir: Mel Brooks 3.5 stars
51. Teen Wolf Dir: Rod Daniel 2.8 stars
52. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Dir: David Yates 3.5 stars
53. Charlie Wilson's War Dir: Mike Nichols 3 stars
54. Taken Dir: Pierre Morel 4 stars
55. 500 Days of Summer Dir: Marc Webb 3.3 stars
56. I Love You, Man Dir: John Hamburg 3.3 stars
57. Jezebel Dir: William Wyler 3.8 stars
58. Now, Voyager Dir: Irving Rapper 4.5 stars

3 comments:

Jim said...

I hope the Dodgers can win the pennant this year, because watch out, next year is the Nationals' year!

Also, I wonder if they have any American Gardens in China? I think it could include palm trees and pine trees and they could sell fish sticks at the snack bar.

Curelover said...

I agree Jim I hope the Dodgers can knock it out of the park but who knows. They are having a tough time now.

Ha ha what do you think an American Garden would look like?? I am curious about that. I think the palm trees would only look good in a Calif garden :P

Jim said...

I think a mix of palm and pine trees would be good. And amber waves of grain. Lots of amber waves of grain!