Sunday, April 12

Topic: CWK, F&F, Lakers, Movies

*Things at work have died down a bit so I feel like I can have a life again :) Yay.

*I went to see the Cold War Kids at the Orpheum Theatre in Downtown LA about two weeks ago. It is amazing to see how far that band has come. I remember seeing them in some tiny hole place and now they are selling out the Orpheum Theatre and Drew Barrymore and Justin Long are their fans. That was my celeb sighting for the night.

*I went and saw Fast & Furious last Friday for kicks. The hilarious part is I have seen The Fast and The Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious in the theater and part 3 on the airplane ride home. Ha Ha. It made sense I see the last one considering I saw the others. I have to say it was pretty entertaining but I expected NOTHING so yea. It was good for laughs and I have to support the Asians (Justin Lin directed the movie).


*So at work they had a lottery for the Lakers vs. Nuggest game last Thursday and a bunch of my coworkers won. One of them ended up giving me a ticket so I got to catch a free Laker game almost courtside. Although I stopped liking basketball years ago and I really do not like the Lakers it was fun just to be there. Oh and there is this player on the Denver Nuggets team who needs to be put down, what a d-bag.

*I am seeing the Cure in like 4 days and you think I would be more excited but I guess it has not really hit me yet. I do love them EVER so much so I'm sure once I'm in Vegas it will really set it. AHHHHHHH!!!

*34. Duplicity Dir: Tony Gilroy 2.5 stars
35. Flash Point (Dou Fo Sin) Dir: Wilson Yip 3.5 stars
36. Roman Holiday Dir: William Wyler 4 stars

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

The Cold War Kids thing is kinda odd to me as well. I remember having lunch with Matt (the bassist) after church in the past, when they weren't anything and now he's on TV, opening for Death Cab, and all sorts of shit. Weird.

My co-worker, Sean, who does F Yeah Fest and a bunch of other things was DJing last week and Drew Barrymore came up to him and was talking to him and asked if she could DJ a bit so he said okay and then he went to some really late after-party thing with her. He said it was weird. (I only mention this because you brought up Drew Barrymore).

Jim said...

Wow, Lakers courtside! Isn't that, like, Jack Nicholson territory?

Basketball games are much less exciting here in D.C., where the Wizards finished in last place. Though a few weeks ago President Obama attended a game and sat courtside... and cheered for the Chicago Bulls.