Monday, November 17

Topic: fire, smoke, sad

*The fires have been the biggest topic this weekend affecting at first only the Santa Barbara and Sylmar areas. Then on Saturday morning, as I was leaving Rowland Heights after getting dim sum with Hedwig, I see a HUGE black cloud over the moutain where the 57 and 60 meet. It is the start of the Yorba Linda fires which then lead to the Brea and Diamond Bar fires. By mid afternoon, the sky was grey and even though it was only 3 pm it looked like it was dusk. At that point, I wondered if the Pasadena Marathon would still go on the next day given the terrible air quality. At around 4 am Sunday morning, two hours before the race was to start, they cancelled the event. I was pretty bummed because of all the training I had been doing but running in air that is filled with ash and smoke did not seem like fun. I feel so bad for the people who lost their homes and I give massive props to all the firefighters who worked so hard these past few days.



*I guess all my training can go towards the 31st LA Chinatown Firecraker run. Who is with me? Go year of the ox!

*The Cure is expanding their LA visit and playing Leno on Dec 11th and Kimmel on Dec. 16th. Fun fun fun :)

*This coming Sunday after a long, long year without 24 we get our Jack Bauer back. 24 Redemption is a prequel that will set up Season 7, which comes back in January. Thank goodness! And on a random note, I think 24 sets up future presidental outcomes. Afterall, the show had two black presidents (David and Wayne Palmer) and in Season 7 we will get a woman president. I can not wait for that actual day to come :)

3 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Firecracker run! That sounds amazing!

Reserve Result (RR) said...

I love Cure Fan -

Wassup.

(rr)

Jim said...

Hopefully there won't be a real life President Logan anytime soon!