Tuesday, May 27


Back in Aug. 2004 I posted the following:

cure news: so i'm not sure if the whole house knows but i'm going to three cure shows - SD, LA and SF. the SD one is with rancid girl and LA is with pigern and the SF i'm doing the solo bit. the best part is how everyone keeps telling me they are going to play the same songs. WRONG. so far the cure has played a different setlist every night. how freaking awesome is that. OH YAY. granted about 70% of the songs will be the same but there is that 30% that will be different. ROCK. LOVE THEM !!!

It is four years later and the Cure is in town again and this time I am going to five shows - Santa Barbara, Hollywood Bowl, Shrine, San Diego and New York City. The funny part is everyone is still telling me the band is going to play the same songs and I am disagreeing AGAIN. I am pretty pumped and in about 2 days I'll be at my first Cure show to start off Cure week :) YAY!!

6 comments:

Jim said...

You should have gone to the Fairfax, Virginia show too! Sure, it would have cost a lot to fly to the east coast just for a concert, but you could have also picked up a Five Guys meal before heading home.

Curelover said...

I know I wish I did ... they played 38 shows at that show !! Yes the Five Guys would have been worth it but no worries. Come June I'm off to NYC to see them and then to DC to get my Five Guys ... almost the same thing right??

Darth said...

wait they played 38 "shows" all within the same show? that's crazy!

Curelover said...

(sigh) Always picking on me Darth ... I mean 38 songs. :P

Cup-O-Noodles said...

HA! I was confused too and what is Five Guys?

Jim said...

Five Guys is the greatest burger place in the world! (am I allowed to say that on a west coast blog that may be loyal to In-N-Out?)

Five Guys started in the D.C. area but now has many locations along the east coast. Though Southern California appears to have one now!