Wednesday, April 30

Thought I would blog reviews in 40 words or less so they don’t get too boring to read.

Be Kind Rewind (Michel Gondry, 2008) Grade: C
Starting to think Gondry is hit and miss. Talented director but not so much screenwriter. Be Kind was NOT funny and kind of cheesy. I contemplated walking out.

Portishead @ Mayan Theatre Grade: A
Absolutely amazing show. Glad I got to see the band perform. Definitely something I never thought I would get to see. No idea if they will do a proper tour, but if they do, I will be there.

The Verve @ Pearl Theatre - Palms Hotel Las Vegas Grade: A
Another band that I never thought I would ever see live. They seemed happy to be there, which was nice. Still dislike Vegas though.

She & Him @ Vista Theatre Grade: B+
Hm, starting to think I’m going to too many shows. Well, this band is Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward. Zooey is super cute and I have a serious crush on her. Plus she’s really talented.

The Book of Other People (ed. Zadie Smith) Grade: B
Collection of notable contemporary writers with the focus being that all the stories are about a character, be it human, animal, mythical creature. Some were strong; others were just OK.

2 comments:

Curelover said...

I like Gondry as a director and that's about it. Is your life complete now that you have seen Verve ?? Oh my gosh Zooey is so so so cute. I love her on Weeds. She is awesome.

Darth said...

How can you dislike Vegas?