Tuesday, February 12

Topic: Torrance, $2 dollar movies, Firecracker Run, Yum Cha

*Funny you should mention that Hedwig. I was just thinking of 1. how tired I am doing movie reviews and 2. how I am not even watching that many movies anymore. I would love for everyone to blog about random boring crap in their lives but no one will so eh. I am over doing anything about it.

*Last Friday, Hedwig, Darth and I drove to our friend's new apt in Torrance. Being the awesome guy he was he had no furniture besides a dining room table, even though he has been there for a month. At least we got to make carpet prints of our hands!

*Apparently the Regency Theatre in Pasadena is offering matinee movies for $2 dollars AND $1 hotdogs!!! To say I was ecstatic would be an understatement. I love cheap things.


*On Sunday I got up early and headed to Chinatown for the 30th LA Firecracker Run. This is my third time doing it but only second time actually going. Last year it was raining and I choose to sleep instead of run. It was a fun walk/jog I did with my friend. I think the best part was all the free stuff we got after the run.


*I am always down to check out new (yum cha) dim sum places and this one called Elite is getting all the rave (according to the LA Times) so I went to check it out with my family. We got there at 9:30 am, which is way EARLY for dim sum and the place was already packed. Disturbingly enough, people were waiting BEFORE 9 am to get a seat. WTF. At this point I was a bit intrigued, I thought the food must be laced with crack. After waiting 35 mins we finally got seated and yes the food was quite tasty. I liked the skin of their dumplings, the noodles were good and the egg tarts were done in Portuguese-style popular in Macau. To be honest, I don't think I would do the wait all the time. I can get some yummy dim sum at NBC and Capital Seafood nearby for half the time. Although the real test of a great dim sum place is how many old people are in there. They are the true food critics.

4 comments:

pigern said...

Yeah, Elite was just OK. I was whelmed, not overwhelmed.

Anonymous said...

$2 movies??? Too awesome. $1 hot dogs are yummy... if I still ate meat I would be all over that!

Jim said...

The $2 movies and $1 hot dogs is truly amazing. You can watch a movie and eat eight hot dogs for, like, $10!!

Curelover said...

Ha ha I know right $2 movies are awesome. Not so sure about the 8 hot dogs though Jim.