Saturday, February 16

Topic: HK Scandal

*A week ago my mom asked me if I heard about the Edison Chen scandal. Those of you who know me know I LOVE my Hong Kong films and Mr. Chen is a popular actor most known for his role in the Infernal Affairs movies. Apparently the whole mess started when he took his laptop in to get repaired but failed to remove all 1,300 naughty photos he took with MANY famous and not so famous Asian starlets.


The funny part was my mom asked my dad if he could find the pictures for her to look at and my dad said the secretary at his work asked him the same thing. I read in some articles that during the Lunar New Year family gatherings the scandal was the main topic of discussion and old grandmothers are asking to see the pictures. There was even a story about it on CNN.


Of course I wanted to get a peek at these photos. Some of them were with actress Cecilia Cheung, whom I quite like. So for your curiosity, you can view the pictures here. It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. According to this article - "Hong Kong tabloids are now running reports that there are plans by gangsters to "teach a lesson" to Chen, the Times reported, noting organised crime was a key element in the Hong Kong entertainment industry."

2 comments:

pigern said...

scandalous!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Scandalicious!!!