Wednesday, February 20


(M) Step Up 2: The STREETS
Grade: Better than Step Up 1
I don't think I'm going to grade dance movies anymore because they're just a different apple. It's a formula movie so I guess I just base it on the dancing. Since this is a sequel I will compare it to the first one. The storyline I think is a little different from other storylines; not by much but it was a pleasant surprise. Andy is a recently orphaned teen who has gotten caught up with the wrong dance crew. She knows Tyler(Channing Tatum) from back in the day and he offers to get her an audition to MSA(Maryland School of the Arts?? too lazy to look up the name) so that she doesn't have to move away to Texas. The story revolves around her finding herself and friends at the school; underdogs banding together to compete in a street competition called "The Streets." Time and location are unknown until the day of, when you receive a text about the competition. The dancing is great in this movie, acting bleh, cheese is always a must! My favorite character is Moose. I was going to post a video, but the quality is crap and doesn't do the dancing justice. I'd say rent it on DVD or just borrow mine when I get it! :)

No comments: