Thursday, October 25

(DVD) R.E.M. Live (2007) Grade: B
This is R.E.M.’s first CD/DVD release, which is pretty surprising considering how long the band has been around. Across the board, this release hasn’t received many favorable reviews, namely because R.E.M. performs a lot of Around the Sun tracks. I guess the band wanted to promote their latest album, but it’s really their incredibly rich catalog that fans want to hear and that would make the DVD more interesting. Luckily, it’s a DVD, so I can skip “I’m Gonna DJ” and listen to “Cuyahoga” on repeat. Side note: Michael’s face paint is getting thicker and thicker, so that nowadays he looks more like a strange raccoon. I still love them of course...

1 comment:

Curelover said...

Yay R.E.M!! They are such an amazing band to see live. I think the thick face paint is to hide the wrinkles. Hee hee :) But Michael can still do Marc Jacob ads.