Thursday, July 26

Day 5: street fair on 7th Ave so got some food and had a nice picnic in Central Park, had a deep fried Oreo (yum), went to WTC to look at hole/construction (very sad), went to Chinatown and wandered around, closest thing to HK for me, lots of pirated stuff like Transformers dvd, got some boba or as they call it bubble tea, caught bus back to D.C., 4 hours later in D.C., went to get some food and saw drunk girl and guy on a date(?) which was scary.


Day 6: went to National Zoo to see the pandas and other animals, went to Mt. Vernon - George Washington's Estate, GW sure knew how to live the good life :), very nice home and estate, met with a friend and my cousin for dinner, celebrated my cousin's birthday by eating at a Chili's that had just opened, had some Krispy Kreme doughnuts.




Day 7: Washington Monutment, Vietnam Veterns, Korean War Veterans and World War II memorials, grabbed a quick bite to eat, walked around the Postal Museum to kill (hee hee) some time before heading back to wait for our shuttle to take us to Baltimore airport, hit rush hour traffic, Darth and I VERY worried we would miss our flight, but we made it by a hair, flew home and was glad to be sleeping in my own bed.

Thoughts: I really enjoyed Washington D.C. quite a bit. I love how all the museums are free and how educational everything is. The Metro is great and the city does feel diverse. The downsides are the weather there is GROSS and I'm sure if I lived there I would get tired of how many tourist and transplants move in and out of the area.

2 comments:

Hedwig said...

I LOVE the metro in DC. It's the best and cleanest ever! i also do not like the weather there(we discussed this at dinner.) and i can't view the 2nd half of your pictures. :(

pigern said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time!