Wednesday, May 9

I went to Amoeba today to buy some albums, which I have not done in ages, and to get rid of some DVDs in my car. (I got $90.) It’s always intimidating to go to the counter cos usually the clerk slowly rings up your goods, checking out what you bought. But this time, my clerk looks at my Joanna Newsom EP (She has a new EP! Yay!) and goes, my friend’s dad shot this album cover. To which I say, Oh wow. Are you friends with Joanna?! But he didn’t seem to know who she was. He just says his friend’s dad is a famous photographer who does lots of album covers. Turns out the dad is William Eggleston! Amazing! And he wasn’t judging my purchase. Cool.

I also bought Bright Eyes
Cassadaga, Blonde Redhead’s 23, Idlewild’s Make Another World, I’m From Barcelona’s Let Me Introduce My Friends, The Young Knives’ Voices of Animals and Men, LCD Soundsystem’s Sound of Silver and Albert Hammond Jr.’s debut. Eight albums and I only paid $10. Fantastic.

No comments: