Saturday, February 3














(G) Morrissey @ Pasadena Civic Auditorium (Feb. 2) Grade: A+
Everything about this concert was fantastic! The venue was relatively small, so even though I had a Z ticket, which I was able to upgrade to U, I could see the stage pretty well. Moz performed a good deal of tracks from Ringleader of the Tormentors (“I Will See You in Far Off Places,” “Dear God, Please Help Me,” “You Have Killed Me,” “Life is a Pigsty,” “I’ll Never Be Anybody’s Hero”) but also five Smiths songs! He started with “Panic,” then “William, It Was Really Nothing,” “Girlfriend in a Coma” and “How Soon Is Now?” And then he started the encore with “Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want”! Tears came to my eyes at that point. He also introduced “Everyday Is Like Sunday” by saying that this song came out back in the day when KROQ still played his songs. Steven Patrick seemed in a particular good mood that night and threw out three shirts into the crowd. Lovely, lovely, lovely. I can’t wait to see him again tonight.

P.S. Morrissey is on the cover of L.A. Weekly, so pick up a free copy!

1 comment:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Yay for great music! I'm "shocked" you gave it an A+