Thursday, February 1

1st album review of the year!
(A) A Weekend in the City, Bloc Party (2007) grade: B

So this album is a lot more mellow than the debut album. Overall, I like it. I first listened to the UK single, "The Prayer", and wasn't impressed by it. Apparently Kele Okereke was inspired by Busta Rhymes' "Touch It" and you can hear the influence on this track. I then checked out the US single, "I Still Remember", which I enjoyed more. This track is more representative of the rest of the album. My favorite track is probably "Uniform".
The album is released Feb. 6.
(note: links to songs above are to their respective videos)

3 comments:

pigern said...

I agree. This album isn’t as post-punk as the debut. I really like “I Still Remember.”

JD said...

Anyone going to their concert in March?

Curelover said...

You know I kinda of dig The Prayer song. It has a different vibe. I Still Remember reminds me of this Pernice Brothers song which reminds me of a Cure song. It is very 80's ish ... I like it.