Sunday, November 5

(G) The Knife. (El Rey, Nov. 2nd) Grade: A+

Thoughts: Frak this show was frakking AMAZING!!! I can't even go into detail how much I LOVED THIS SHOW and the band. Oh my gosh. Pigern and I arrived around 9 ish in hopes that we would miss part of the opening band. After waiting until five minutes before 10, we looked at each other like what gives. It turned out the opening band was a just a DJ and actually the Knife was on stage. Playing behind a screen and projecting images every which way, The Knife (Olof Dreijer and Karin Dreijer Andersson, a brother and sister team) played their tunes and I started to die. I have not been to a good show in awhile and no the Cure and Radiohead DO NOT count because they are in some high ranked area where they are BEYOND AMAZING. But back to the Knife, they played an hour set with one encore and I almost cried in disbelief that this wonderful band from Sweden was leaving LA and maybe never ever coming back. I had such a hard time letting them go :( Oh the Knife I hope you come back soon. I need your beautiful music :)

25 more blogs to go ....

2 comments:

Hedwig said...

throughout the whole video i just wanted to tell those kids to be CAREFUL you could fall!! Why am I such an old old lady haha.

pigern said...

So what you're saying is that you liked the gig? Haha. Yep, good show. It was worth staying in the beyond crowded, sweaty hot mob of a crowd to dance along to these Swedes.