Tuesday, August 29

(M) Snakes On A Plane. (David R. Ellis, 2006) Overall Grade:C+ / Camp Grade: A+

Thoughts: With lines like "Do as I say and you'll live!", and "Remember, time is tissue" how can this movie go wrong. As Darth said as a horror film it was pretty decent hence the C+ BUT as a campy b-rated movie it is an A+. The wonderful and cheesy lines, the no sense random plotline, the cardboard cut out no brain characters ... much like the tagline reads Sit Back. Relax. Enjoy the Fright. Oh yea!

(M) Kicking and Screaming. (Noah Baumbach, 1995) Grade: B-

Thoughts: A handful of white recent college grads spend time talking a lot and thinking about what to do with their lives. I can't say I loved the movie because I get tired of watching films with no minorities bitch about their life but at same time I know what they were bitching about because I was at the point - a college grad with no idea what I was going to do. I knew I had to work but how and where and what and why were thoughts in my head. Overall, the film was alright and funny at times. This was directed by the same guy who did The Squid and The Whale which I also avoided watching because I pretty much guessed the plotline for that film.

(M) The Graduate. (Mike Nichols, 1967) Grade: A-

Thoughts: A great and classic film and it is almost 40 years old. A very young and attractive Dustin Hoffman is Benjamin Braddock, a recent college grad confused on what to do with his life. He starts an affair with Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft) only to fall in love with her daughter Elaine (Katharine Ross). The acting throughout the movie was great and the soundtrack even better - all the songs were by Simon and Garfunkel. I thought Anne Bancroft and Katharine Ross were beautiful and wondered how come actresses don't have that classic beauty anymore. Now a days most of the popular actresses are too skinny or drugged up. Oh well.

(M) Obeo Deo Reinbou (Over the Rainbow). (Jin-Woo Ahn, 2002)Grade: B+

Thoughts: Hedwig I think you would like this movie. It is a very cute and romantic Korean movie about a guy looking for the girl he loves because he lost part of his memory. It is very simple and sweet and totally worked. The guy is played by Jung-Jae Lee who was in Il Mare.

Count: 83 movies

No comments: