Sunday, August 27

(G) Sunset Junction; Aug. 26 Grade: B
I’ve attended this event for the last four years and it’s always a pretty good lineup. I got to see The Elected, The Eels and BRMC all for $12. A treat since I’ve never seen the former two and even better, I’ve never seen BRMC perform tracks from their first album, as I’ve only seen them twice during the Howl tour. A notable improvement was the sound system, which is usually spotty and poor. But the best thing about the day was all the free alcohol supplied. The Living Room gave out free Sierra Nevadas as a promotion and the new recording studio near Malo had a BBQ in the back with two kegs. (I also learned how to use a keg. Ah, pump and pour. Ace.)



(G) Wolf Parade @ Wiltern;
Aug. 25 Grade: B
I bought my tickets for this show so long ago that by the time it rolled along, it felt anti-climactic. Frog Eyes opened the night and I realized I didn’t enjoy them as much as I thought. Wolf Parade was entertaining but nothing spectacular. I think Apologies to the Queen Mary is a great record but it’s also one I forget I own. I like this picture of the band next to the robot though. Extra points for that.

No comments: