Wednesday, July 19

(M) He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword. (Ed Friedman & Lou Kachivas, 1985) Grade: B+

Thoughts: Yesterday The Best of She-Ra came out on dvd and I had to have it. She-Ra is what I grew up on. I remember when I was young Pigern and I headed to Universal Studios to meet She-Ra and her gang (or just a bunch of wanna be actors dressed up like them). The Secret of the Sword is just as good as I remember it. Prince Adam (He-Man) is sent to Etheria to find out who a special sword belongs to. Little does he know he is going to meet his sister Princess Adora who would become She-Ra. The movie was played over a week during the He-Man series to get a girl fan based started on the popular He-Man franchise. It worked. She-Ra was well received and made about 93 episodes. I have to say though Skeletor is a cooler villain than Hordak. For the honor of Grayskull!!!

3 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

You should have a She-Ra party like we had for the Christmas he-man episode!

Hedwig said...

yeah! have a she-ra party!!! i'll gooo c'mooooon.

Curelover said...

I would but where?? Trust me I would. Love the She-Ra.