Wednesday, May 10


(M) Eros (3 short stories)
Overall Grade: C
This first of these three stories was probably my favorite one in reflection. It was kinda slow moving, but the impact afterwards was far above the others. I think the strength is that this piece was done by a woman and not a man and so it focused on intimacy more than sexual lust/desire. It's based around a tailor and a woman who sells her body for money, but as she gets older she begins to lose clients and gets sick. The tailor always loves her and wants to make outfits for her. Their relationship is sad and intimate. Again, it was the most powerful piece.

The second piece was about a man who is in a therapists office. This one was very commical to me. The man is stressing out about work and this fantasy dream he is having and he is talking about it to his therapist but the therapist is paying almost no attention to the guy and wrapped up in his own interests about something going on outside the office. It was rather commical. No lasting impact, but easy to watch as it went along.

The third and final piece was retarded. I swear this piece was made by a guy who uses film to get to see women naked. At first I was trying to read into symbolism but it just went too far by the end to where I didn't care what he was trying to say and I felt... dude, you just want to film naked women.

No comments: