Sunday, April 2


(G) Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins (Orpheum Theater, April 1, 06). Grade: B
I'm sorta a Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley closet fan (ask Cup O Noodles), but when I heard she was coming to town again, I couldn't resist. I bought tickets a few weeks ago, not knowing it would fall upon the same day we would spend 10 hours painting my new place. Therefore, I was extremely tired and not able to fully enjoy the whole experience. However, I did find her to be a good performer. And the Watson Twins and the rest of the musicians were good too. It's (sorta) sad to say that the opening act Tilly and the Wall kept my attention more than Jenny Lewis and her clan. They were pretty entertaining after all (see Cup O Noodle's review). I think Lewis is proving herself to be a more engaging and talented solo artist, although I still think it's kinda crazy she sold out the theater. Well, I can only wait until she comes around to LA again. And when I'm not so sleepy.

(O) Painting my apt for hours and hours. Grade: F. Ow ow ow, my arm/wrist hurts. But I think it looks good how it turns out, so I guess it's worth it. No pain, no gain?

1 comment:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

VERY soar from painting but I actually enjoyed it. I'd rather paint than work in the office I work in. I think I relate to the movie Office Space waaaaaaaaaay too much.