Wednesday, March 8

Okay I was getting more death threats my new wave to blog so I guess I should. Although for the record I did post a long blog that blogger somehow deleted.

Hmm lets see what there is to review

Two trips to Las Vegas (O) 2006: C
Vegas is fun every so often to kick back, drink a little, gamble a little and for me to bowl a little. I did these things in back to back weeks and it was pretty darn tiring. Getting sick in between the two trips didn't help any either. I think I am done going to vegas for the rest of the summer, unless some magical deal happens. I'll just wait until my next bowling trip in about 6 months.

Scrubs (NBC): B-
This is not the best season for this show, I still enjoy watching how weird and quirky it can be, but with the characters all growing up it just doesn't have the same feeling to when it first started.

The Oscars (ABC): C+
There was nothing overly suprising in the show, well except maybe the 3-6 mafia, but even that wasn't so big since it was the biggest movie song of the year. Crash wining was somewhat a surprise but if Brokeback didn't win, I thought it would since it had one the SAG award and seemed to be more highly praised than the other movies around award season. John Stewart hosting was okay, I think he played it safe.

Star Wars Transformers (Hasbro Toys): A
These toys are my two favorite things as a child combined into one. I already have my darth vader that turns into a tie fighter and the general greivous that turns into his circular bike. There are 10 more planned. Yes I'm a dork, no need to point that out.

Lost (ABC): B+
This show seems to be throwing more and more stuff out there everyweek without answering many of the questions we all have, so in that regard it gets frustrating. On the other hand however, many of the characters are still very strong and I enjoy learning about their backstory, which is sometimes better than the island story. I just hope the rest of the season doesn't keep setting stuff up, but answers some things so that I'm not watching going whaaaa??!?!!

Random thoughts:
-No word yet on whether arrested development has officially been picked up by showtime, just a lot or rumors that it has. This show was so great, all the way through the end on fox, why isn't it a done deal yet? Oh but in case you are wondering Freddie is still on....yeah thats fair.
-Baseball season is right around the corner which for me means, many fantasy leagues, going to many games, and remembering useless information to come in handy in the future, okay so it probably won't come in handy but I like to know it anyway.
-I didn't get a call back from Lingo, Vh1's pop culture show, or deal or no deal, i'm pretty upset, i really want to go on a game show now.
-Watch MTV's Parental Control if you haven't already, its soooooooooo bad that it becomes good again. Seriously watch it, you will thank me later.

Okay thats all for now, hopefully new wave won't cut me now.

2 comments:

Darth said...

its not an obsession with vegas so much as an obsession with winning a gajillion dollars

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Actually I think the real reason you go to Vegas is to play the video games at the bar. You excel at those games, and it's scary... yet entertaining.

They have star wars transformers?

Arrested Development may get picked up by Showtime? That'd be too awesome (though I don't have showtime).