Saturday, February 18

(M) Crash (2004, Paul Higgs) grade: B+
So I watched this movie a couple months ago and thought it was a good movie. The problem, however, was that I was drunk and wasn't paying much attention to it at the time. Drunken times are fun. So I decided to watch it again. The various plot lines are interesting. It kinda reminded me of Amores Perros (which is one my favorite movies ever). I especially loved how the Latinos in the film were not portrayed in any negative light (cos of course we are perfect...HAHAHA), as opposed to all the other ethnicities: the rich White racist, the carjacking Blacks, the murdering Persians, the immigrant-smuggling Asian. This is one I'd recommend.

1 comment:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I don't know if I'd call the white person a rich racist. I think the movie showed everybody was maybe... ethnocentric? I think it kinda said, look evry race here has a problem with every other race here (in a sense, we're all racist). I don't know. But then I saw the movie awhile ago, not recently like you.

Anyway, I could be wrong on my viewpoint. I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to defend a single race by this comment but think that the racial tension and racist attitudes may have applied to everyone in the movie.