Friday, January 6

I'm writing a bunch of mini reviews because:
1. I got a death threat from New Wave.
2. I'm lazy.
3. I watched alot of movies over break.

(M) Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion , the Witch, and the Wardrobe. (Andrew Adamson, 2005). Grade: A-

Ditto what New Wave said. Lucy was adorable. Good adaptation of the book. Would like to have seen something gruesome, like heads being chopped off, but it's ok I guess. I don't remember, but in the book they never said what happened to their parents. I always thought they died.

(M) The Family Stone. (Bezucha, 2005) Grade: C

I love love love Sarah Jessica Parker and Rachel McAdams and so I think I expected too much from this movie. There wasn't as much comedy as I had expected so the drama part of it threw me off and kind of depressed me. The character development is weak, as is the story and the ending was just weird with all the swapping of partners.

(M) Rumor Has It. (Reiner, 2005) Grade: C+

I didn't expect as much from this movie, which is probably why I enjoyed it better than Stone. The story was pretty predictable, love Mark Ruffalo, and Mena Suvari was cute and annoying all at the same time. Bottom line, it was entertaining to watch.

(M) The Debut. (Cajayon, 2000) Grade: C-

Filipino stereotypes: fobs, racer boys, flips who want to be black, flips who want to be white. It's a movie about Filipinos, for Filipinos, made by Filipinos. You can only really get the inside jokes if you are Filipino so I couldn't really see any other people enjoying this movie. I'm a Filipino and I just laughed most of the time either because I thought "Oh yeah my mom does that" or because whatever scene I was watching was so horribly bad. Plus, throughout the whole movie I just kept chanting "Rufio! Rufio! Rufio!" in my head and sometimes out loud.

No comments: