Sunday, December 11




Last night, I had my annual X-Mas dinner with Dorkus and New Wave and I received my 2 kick ass movies...American Psycho and Mr. and Mrs. Smith! So awsome!

(M) American Psycho
Grade (A)- This movie was based on a novel by Bret Easton Ellis. It's a bit dark and bloody, but really good. It's about a Wall Street yuppie, played by Christian Bale, who is a psychotic killer who rapes, murders , and dismember stangers and acquaintances. Christian Bale is really believeable as a killer and pulls off the American accent as well.

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I had bought this book and was reading it and was IN LOVE with this book. I couldn't get enough of it. And then while I was reading it I heard they were going to make a movie out of the book and I was doing cartwheels I was so happy. I finished the book and couldn't wait for the movie. I eventually got to see an advanced screening at CSULB and I was VERY VERY disappointed in the movie. I was PISSED. But a year or two later I saw the movie again and had some distance from the novel and rather enjoyed the film as a stand alone piece. I still think it doesn't hold a flame to the novel but am now able to appreciate the movie on its own merit.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

If you read the book, stick with it. His quirkiness for obsession can be hard to get through in the beginning. He's so obsessed with materialism that all he does is talk about the designer clothes people wear and what not, but once it gets going... it really gets going and it is so gruesome at times.