Saturday, September 10

I removed my news article because I wasn't sure how reliable it was but I was watching Dateline and though the article I posted said that the Red Cross was blocked from entering by Louisianna Homeland Security (which may not be entirely true). AID and help actually was present at the disaster, even before the flooding but it was blocked by FEMA because they had to make sure nobody trying to enter was a terrorist. I don't know. I would rather have the Louisianna Homeland Security department blocking the AID than FEMA. But since FEMA is part of the national Homeland Security department, I guess that could explain where blame was placed in the article. Anyway, if you didn't read the article I posted and are curious then here is the link. (again, as stated before I don't know the reliability of the source. Somebody already commented that they're a Conservative Right Wing Religious News Source so take that into account I guess)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46224

Aside from that. Did anyone see the Dateline special on what went wrong? Unbelievable!!! Though in my personal opinion I blame the Louisianna government more than the Federal Government. It's the state's job to protect it's citizens. It's only the National Governments job to protect the country and assist states in times of emercency. Our government was designed to start at the bottom and work up a chain of command to the top, though it seems like we've ignored that and just expect the top level to do everything for us.

1 comment:

bleed like me said...

i still agree with kanye west.