Wednesday, August 24


(O) Catalina Island (8/20/05) Grade: A

I'm reposting my review, this time with a bit more detail. I suppose this is the result of reading Pigern's many fancy, analytical blogs. Mine sound so elementary. Why won't "I liked it" suffice as a review? Hehe.

Anyway, Cup O Noodles took me to Catalina for my bday because I've always wanted to go. The boat ride was about an hour long; Upon docking, we walked around, had lunch, and rented a golf cart and drove around the island. The guy at the golf cart stand gave us a map with a suggested route, and being the genius that I am, I had the idea to go opposite the route so that we'd be going against traffic. Uhh, yeah this doesn't work so much if some of the streets are one way. Ha! But Cup O Noodles and I had a great time navigating around the island. Afterward we rented one of those peddle boats and peddled around the harbor. And get this - the water is beautiful and clear, so very unlike typical Southern California water. Finished off with dinner and a nice stroll through the neighborhood, it was a good day. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to take a day trip somewhere.

No comments: