Friday, August 12

Modern Girls (old 80's movie on VHS) Grade: C
I bought this movie because I heard it had a great soundtrack and was about club kids roaming LA in the 80's. Well, the 2nd part is correct. I was expecting bad, cheesy, wonderful in a way only an 80's movie can provide. I got some of it. It's not a horrible movie, but to me it didn't have that extra something that makes you want to run out and tell all your friends to go see it. The movie had that blonde woman from Sideways who gave the lame speech about the fragility of grapes and wine and all that B.S. from that gawd awful movie. In this movie she was the tramp, she lived with two friends one was a bitch and one was chasing after rock star Bruno X. The guy who played cool rock star Bruno X also played the role of dorky white guy who falls for the bitch but originally was attracted to the tramp and briefly was into the rockstar chaser. I guess the moral of that is go after anything that breathes and eventually somebody will respond.

No comments: