Wednesday, June 29

(G) En Vogue (26 June 2005) grade: A+

So i found out that the great En Vogue was playing at the San Francisco Gay Pride Festival. so of course, I HAD TO GO. En Vogue has always been my favourite girl group, and who knows when I'd get to see them again (if ever!). So i took the metro downtown and watched me some En Vogue. Their set wasn't that long, about 30 minutes (and i got there late to top it off). As I was walking there they were playing "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It". then they played, of course, "Free Your Mind". Also, "Don't Let Go (Love)" and their first hit, "Hold On". Of course it wasn't the original line up that I grew up on; only two of the original members performed: Terry Ellis & Maxine Jones. There was also the new girl (who was on their last album, released last year, Soulflower). All in all, a great show; I sang and danced my arse off, enjoying the moment, as if i were 11 again (the age I was when En Vogue's first album, Born to Sing, was released)

1 comment:

pigern said...

Whoa. En Vogue. That takes me back.