Saturday, April 30

(G) New Order + Chemical Brothers (29 April, Oakland) grade: B

So we arrived during the Chem Bros set (after touring Oakland looking for a place to eat). I must say, I was impressed by their "performance"; I imagine that's what it's like being at a rave. If I were drunk and/or high (like most people there), I'm sure I would have enjoyed it much better. It was also very funny watching white people attempt to dance. Chem Bros grade: C

Moving on to the reason I went to the show: New Order. This was a great show, far better than I expected. I have seen them on their live DVDs, which were rather bland, but to actually be at the show is a whole different experience. They started with Bernard Sumner bringing up the old band and playing a tribute to Ian Curtis with "She's Lost Control"; (other JD tracks included "Love Will Tear Us Apart" & "Transmission"). They seemed to play rather popular songs: "Regret", "Bizarre Love Triangle", "Blue Monday", "True Faith". They played a few songs from the new album, which I didn't care for much. Some highlights for me were "Crystal", "Love Vigilantes" (which Bernard dedicated to our "boys in Iraq", a very touching song indeed), and "Temptation". Peter Hook also seemed like a nice character, being the only one walking around stage (except for Bernard's "dance" moves) and interacting with the audience. All in all, a good night (except for the stupid drunk white bitches being retarded, there always has to be at least one trying to ruin my night. she got pushed around by some other chick, good for them). I'm glad I got to see them at the convention center in Oakland and not at Coachella, where it will be hot & crowded, yuck! New Order grade: B+

1 comment:

Curelover said...

YAY !!! NEW ORDER.