Tuesday, March 8

(A) Una Palabra(2002 ???, Carlos Varela) Grade: A+

Ok this is just a song, but it's awesome. I think it is from the Man on Fire soundtrack. It's in spanish-(i'm including the spanish and english translation on here). The translation is kind of retarded cuz i googled it and also asked some help from my latino friends. But you kind of get the gist. It's a very haunting and poetic tune. If you get a chance, check it out.

Una palabra no dice nada
y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo
igual que el viento que esconde el agua
como las flores que esconde el lodo.

Una mirada no dice nada
y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo
como la lluvia sobre tu cara
o el viejo mapa de algún tesoro.

Una verdad no dice nada
y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo
como una hoguera que no se apaga
como una piedra que nace polvo.

Si un día me faltas no seré nada
y al mismo tiempo lo seré todo
porque en tus ojos están mis alas
y está la orilla donde me ahogo,

English Translation
A word does not say anything
and at the same time it hides everything
just as the wind that hides the water
like the flowers that hides the dirt.

A glance does not say anything
and at the same time it says everything
like rain on your face
or the old map that leads to treasure.

A truth does not say anything
and at the same time it hides everything
like a fire that is not extinguished
like a stone made out of dust.

If a day I need I will not be nothing(If I miss a day, it will be nothing?)
and at the same time I will be it everything
because in your eyes they are my wings
and is the border where I drown to me, (and is where I am on the brink of drowning?)

No comments: