Friday, September 24

As for the Shawn Green situation...I read an article on Yahoo criticizing him for taking Yom Kippur off. It pissed me off...it was arguing that any highly paid professional athlete should understand the grueling schedule and that it can take priority over family and also religion at times. He said as a Christian if he had to play on Christmas during 2 critical games he would play. How the F*** do you compare Yom Kippur to Christmas? First of all, since Jews don't believe Jesus died for their sins, this is the day for God to atone for their sins from the past year. I mean, even all the "non-practing" Jews at my work go for Yom Kippur because it's such a sacred holiday. Even the gas station across the street that's very popular closes down because no work is supposed to be done. Secondly, you can't criticize him as slacking off because they were saying that he ended a 415 some odd streak because of Yom Kippur 2 years ago. Obviously that how important it is to him. I mean, Darth you may disagree but you can't compare 2 games to a sacred religious holiday. Anyone who criticized Shawn Green for wanting to take 2 days off, is basically saying that sports is bigger than religion? Feel free to disagree, but I think Shawn Green should've taken 2 days off, no question. That doesn't mean I don't want the Dodgers to win this weekend...I really really do, but when it comes down to it, you can't compare sports and religion. I don't think it should even be a topic.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

i agree with you completely skimmy .... you can not compare sports and religion AT ALL. the decision shawn green made is his and his Lord and no one elses.