Sunday, August 1

I bought the latest Dashboard Confessional album today (A Mark, A Mission...). Wait! Before the ridicule...it came with a bonus DVD of the Album Covers show with Michael Stipe. I basically paid $12 for the DVD and got the CD as a "bonus." Anyway, it's pretty uninteresting for me to hear DC sing the REM tunes...but it's really great when Michael Stipe sings "Drive"--and bores the young kids who probably don't know who the heck he is to tears. Stipe also sings "Hands Down," which is a mediocre song but ah, Stipe does a great job. I never realized just how high and squeaky Chris Carrabba's voice is until it's paired with Stipe's. Anyway, all in all the DVD is primarily for DC fans. I like how in the bonus features there is an interview with Stipe that lasts all of three questions and one of them is "Where does 'Automatic From the People' come from?" Durrr! And then DC's interview lasts...well...I don't really know. I got bored and stopped watching it. But if Stipe at leasts respects them, then I guess they're okay. He he.

No comments: