Friday, April 2

hey house. I have a question for the asians in the house. It's kind of personal but I think it would be an interesting discussion. How close are you to your parents and are they big on communication? I ask this because I recently tried to open some lines of communication with my mom concerning issues I have with our relationship...i guess it was a step in trying to become an adult and gain some autonomy from my mother, but at the same time form some sort of DEEPER relationship with her. but it backfired and she viewed it as disrespectful and that i was being "too american" and she says that my bf who is white has influenced me which is dumb because I grew up in America and THAT'S influenced me, not my bf. ANYHOW, she said she didn't want to communicate anymore because it was just making things worse.....which sux because I am a firm believer of communication. then i talked to my friend who is also filipino and we realized that communication isn't big in the asian culture. is our theory correct?

so i'm stuck in that endless see-saw between the obedient, passive asian daughter and the american woman that speaks her mind; raised in america but expected to act "asian"....

No comments: