Monday, March 8

I saw The Passion on Sunday and it was a very good movie. Even though I read about Jesus dying for my sins or heard sermons about it, this movie really had me visualize the amount of torture and suffering Christ went through for us. The scene where he is being whipped was the toughest part of the movie to watch. Although the movie is a bit graphic and violent, I still think it’s a movie worth watching. I can’t usually watch violent movies, but the amount of blood and gore doesn’t overpower the movie and the message as a whole.

As far as this movie being anti-semitic I can empathize with why Jewish people feel this way. I think I was watching Dateline, but they were saying that historically, it was the Romans that ordered for the death of Jesus, and that King Heroid (?-is that his name) isn’t as compassionate as they portray him. That he also wanted Jesus to die, not only because he felt pressure from the Jews. But I just don’t think that this movie will cause people to have a feeling of hatred toward Jews. Especially if you go to church, the Bible predicted that they will deny Christ, and it always writes about how the Jews are still the chosen people. I guess that’s not really a point…but even if people don’t go to church or are not religious, I don’t think people would feel hatred towards the Jews, considering that throughout the movie Jesus is asking God for their forgiveness and trying to teach people to love their enemies. But at the same time, people that are Jewish are seeing it from a different perspective, and I can understand why they feel that way.

On a lighter note I’m going to the Britney Spears concert tonight and I am a little excited. I know, a lot of you guys despise her, but it’s not like I think she’s a great singer…but I went to her last concert and it was a lot of fun. I admit that I like a lot of her songs and the girl can dance! But I can’t believe how much I paid for it, and if I had to purchase the tickets again…I might think twice. What was I thinking when I thought it was a decent deal? Let’s just say I saw a roundtrip plane ticket from LA to Chicago for the same price as I bought my Britney Spears ticket.

No comments: