Wednesday, October 22

Wow, so today was my VERY first freak out breakdown in med school!! Congrats to me. As a result of my block-long procrastination I was completely overwhelmed w/ all the anatomy I have to learn in 5 days! My reason for procrastinating was b/c my professors sucked and I didn't want to study it b/c I didn't understand it or thought it was too much work. That is not, however, any kind of excuse b/c I could have learned it all on my own...which is exactly what I'm doing now. See how I sound very calm and relaxed? This was not the case 4 hours ago. At around 730 pm I had been reading a lecture for an hour...and was not retaining anything. I wanted to cry, I was frustrated and I still didn't know ANYTHING. Lesson learned: I cannot learn just by reading. I was too lazy to draw everything out. Solution: copy and paste diagrams from powerpoint onto word document and label that way. BAM! worked like a charm and now I'm thinking more like how I should, in the anatomy perspective and I am learning(hopefully). At least I feel like I'm getting good work in and thats' all that really matters. Another lesson learned: I MUST MUST pre-read and prep for anatomy lecture and lab the day before each lecture/lab. This is what they told me at the very beginning but I was sidetracked by the lack of organization/structure/GOOD TEACHING of this anatomy block. So now i know, NO MATTER WHAT, study for anatomy. And I knew this...which is why i was so frustrated with myself...but now i know it's doable b/c it only takes an hour an a half to 2 hours tops per lecture/lab. So I will do that next block.

listening to: Track 12 on the Michelle Branch album...i dunno what it's called but it has French in it.

No comments: